Safari on iOS 15 has introduced a new feature that aims to enhance the user experience of browsing the internet on an iPhone. This feature, called website tinting, replicates the color or tone of the website being viewed on the top part of the screen. In this article, we will discuss what website tinting is, its benefits, and how to enable or disable it on your Safari browser.
What is Website Tinting on iOS 15?
Website tinting is a new feature available on devices that support iOS 15 or iPadOS. It is designed to make the browsing experience more immersive by replicating the color or tone of the website being viewed on the top part of the iPhone screen. Previously, the top portion of the Safari browser was always translucent, which could be less engaging for users. With website tinting, only the upper portion of the screen is tinted, while the bottom address bar remains transparent.
Benefits of Website Tinting
Website tinting is designed to improve the browsing experience of users. It allows you to modify the colors for Safari’s navigation buttons, bookmarks, and tabs according to the colors on the website you’re viewing. This feature can be especially useful if you want to improve readability or make websites stand out more. However, some users may find it difficult to use, but since it is a voluntary option, you can choose to turn it on and off as per your preference.
How to Enable and Disable Website Tinting
Enabling Website Tinting Option
To enable the website tinting feature on your iOS 15 Safari browser, follow these simple steps:
- Open the Settings app on your iPhone or iPad
- Scroll down to Safari and tap to open it.
- Enable the website tinting option by turning on the toggle next to it.
Once you’ve enabled the option, you can start browsing to see how it all works and whether you like it.
Disabling Website Tinting Option
To disable the website tinting feature, follow these steps:
- Open the iPhone/iPad Settings app
- Scroll down to find Safari and tap to open it
- Switch off the ‘Allow Website Tinting’ toggle
In addition to disabling the option through the settings app, you should also disable the ‘Show Color in Tab Bar’ option in your Safari browser.
Also Read – DYI Guide to Fix the Cannot Parse Response Error in Safari
- Website tinting replicates the color of the top bar on your iPhone/iPad with the website you’re viewing.
- This feature is only available on devices that support iOS 15 or iPadOS.
- To turn on website tinting, go to Safari in your iPhone/iPad Settings and allow the option.
- To turn off website tinting, go to your settings app or disable the ‘Show Color in Tab Bar’ option in Safari.
- Website tinting can improve readability and make websites stand out more, but it’s up to users’ preferences.
In conclusion, website tinting is a useful new feature in iOS 15 that allows you to control the appearance of websites on your iPhone. It can be helpful in improving readability and making websites more noticeable. Ultimately, it’s up to personal preference, so give it a try to see if you like it.
What is window tinting in Safari?
Window tinting in Safari is a feature that changes the color of the Safari interface to match the color of the website being viewed, creating a more immersive browsing experience.
How do you turn off tint on Safari?
To turn off tinting in Safari, go to Settings>Safari and turn the website tinting option off. Then, open the Safari browser, click on Tabs, and uncheck ‘Show Color in Tab Bar.’
Is website tinting available on other browsers?
No, website tinting is only available on the Safari web browser on devices that use iOS 15. It won’t work on other browsers, even if you have them installed on your iPhone or iPad running iOS 15, because it’s a Safari browser function.