Will 2021 be the year that you’ll make your entrepreneurial dreams come true? You might have a great business plan, or still be racking your brains? Either way, if you’re considering the idea, it’s worth getting all the advice that you can.
1. Free software
It’s a good idea to take advantage of free software tools, to help save your business money. For some ideas to get started, you can try these:
- Bitrix 24: This is a great project management tool for startups, you can use it for collaboration, communication, and management. With the help of this software, you can oversee your project processes and boost productivity.
- Hubspot CRM: To support your customer relationship management, Hubspot CRM is an excellent tool. Using these features you can chase leads, monitor interactions, and improve the customer experience.
- Tableau: With the help of Tableau you can analyze your business data, to gain valuable insights. It’s a business intelligence platform that supports you to visualize and share your data.
2 . Check out funding opportunities
When you’re starting a company you might not have a large budget. To help you financially, you can consider applying for grant opportunities. Here are some starting points:
- Nav’s 10,000 Business Grant: Nav operates as a finance marketplace for small companies. Each year Nav awards a grant prize of $10,000 to the winning startup. There aren’t any special requirements to apply, you just need to submit a creative application.
- The Cartier Women’s Initiative Award: This is a yearly award for female business owners specifically. The grand prize is $100,000, and the runner-up prizes are $30,000. The grant is intended for early-stage entrepreneurs.
3. Focus on CSR
To appeal to the modern customer, businesses need a strong CSR strategy. You should consider how your business can have a positive impact, whether that’s environmentally or socially. Impact recently reported that ‘73% of people want companies to address social justice issues.’ Research also showed that ‘Effective CSR can increase market value by 4-6%’
4. Stand out content marketing
To make an impression it’s important that your content marketing stands out. The first thing that you should do is to define your USP. Once you’ve established what makes you different, ensure that you get this across in your content marketing. You should measure the performance of your content from the start. Using the right analytics tools you can figure out your successes and failures, and start making improvements. Starting your first business is a huge step and it’s important to come up with a killer marketing strategy.
5. Up Your Marketing Strategy
You have to intensely market your new business to achieve the financial success you want. Marketing is an art and a science, and it will take you months or even years to truly optimize your efforts. Figure out ways to leverage the resources you have to have an effective marketing strategy.
Think of physical methods to market your business, such as printing flyers, stickers, and even distributing coupons. Also, attend trade fairs but make sure you have attractive trade show displays that sell your business effortlessly.
Digital marketing is also an option for most companies today; using strategies like Facebook ads, Instagram campaigns, and more to promote your brand online is crucial.
As the business grows, you’ll find that you no longer have to spend so much money and effort attracting new clients as your strategy shifts to keeping repeat clients happy. Doing so will help save money for the future of your business, create stability, and secure its success.
6. Consider a franchise
Perhaps you want to run your own business but you’re not sure where to start? If you don’t have a winning business idea, why not consider a franchise? Franchise opportunities mean you can be your own boss, without having to begin completely from scratch. There are plenty of amazing franchise opportunities out there which can help you to realize your dreams. Check out the Best Senior Care Franchise, for some great business opportunities.
7. Use scalable tools and strategies
As a new business owner, it is important that you not only plan for short-term goals but also long-term ones. This means considering these goals when developing strategies and choosing which tools to use and grow your business with. You don’t have to opt for the biggest and most expensive tools, but ensure you align the tools with your long-term goals and can migrate or scale if you are planning to accelerate your business fast. In many cases, with the right platforms, you will be able to upgrade as your business grows, for example, increase the bandwidth of your website to handle the increased resources and traffic as your business grows, and integrate Pipedrive to Bigquery with Coupler.io for scalable and flexible data storage. Without considering these options and planning, you risk hindering your growth over technicalities.
Many companies now look at spend management and software to assist also. When you consider your funding and budgeting, you can look at saas softwares which makes things easier. You can look at saas spend for example. Firstly, though, you must look at a way to evaluate your expenses and reduce your business costs. When we say costs or charges, we say expenses. The expenses of a company include:
- Office rent and maintenance costs
- Water and electricity costs
- Office supplies and computer equipment, and many more
With a view to reducing the burden on your business, try to identify the charges that can be removed. For example: Teleworking has become the standard measure in recent periods, due to the spread of Covid-19. If your productivity has increased, and your employees agree, you may want to consider switching to a permanent Work From Home model, so as to eliminate rental charges completely.
Establishing a spending policy is also wise. A business expense policy is the set of expense claim reimbursement rules that must be followed. The implementation of a corporate spending policy makes it possible to:
- Ensure that all employees follow the same process for managing their professional expenses
- Collect data to develop accounting reports and analyzes on business spending habits
- Centralize the expense management process and adjust regulations over time
Using the best software and tools available to you, you can manage your business incredibly well and find the best advice from the experts. These strategies assist greatly and will assist you going forwards in the future.