Do you often think that the sales department is not working at full capacity? This is most likely the case if you don’t know:
- How many incoming calls and requests are received every day, week or month;
- What stage of the sales funnel is each client at;
- How many leads each manager has in his work;
- At what stage do you most often lose customers;
- How many potential buyers do not become real and why.
Without clear control over the work of the sales department, it is impossible to objectively assess the effectiveness. Every company realizes the need for customer accounting and transaction management over time.
Choosing the right system is not as easy as it sounds.
What difficulties arise when choosing a CRM for small business
What to look for when choosing a CRM
There is no one size fits all solution. Only you know what tools should be implemented in the system. However, there are several important parameters that any entrepreneur needs to consider in order to avoid implementation complexity and frustration:
1. Functional. For a small business, it is important that one service contains the maximum of tools for enterprise management. Such a CRM does not need to be integrated or used in parallel with a huge amount of external resources, for which you also have to pay.
2. Implementation and customization. It shouldn’t take more than 2-3 days to launch CRM. It is unreasonable to spend more time on this – the system may not work, and everything will start over.
3. Customization. The service should be tailored to the needs of a particular business. It is important that the functionality can be changed and configured at the user level, without the participation of programmers. Small businesses usually do not need to write complex scenarios, and this can and should be saved.
4. Updates. Make sure that new features appear regularly in CRM, old ones are improved and productivity increased. This means that the developers have not forgotten about their product and are actively developing it. As your business grows, so will your service capabilities.
5. Intuitive interface. Convenient usability is half the battle. The better the functionality and internal logic of CRM are thought out, the easier it will be for employees to understand it.
6. Mobile version. It should be comfortable and functional, especially if your employees often work “in the field”. It is important that you can immediately enter information, receive messages and reminders, see changes on the project.
CRM is a modern effective tool that helps you to reach a new level and outrun competitors. In order for the system to take root in a small company, it is better to choose simple services with the maximum set of tools. This will save you time and money.
Among the best crm systems for small business are:
- Zoho CRM
Choosing CRM, you need to proceed from the needs and tasks of a particular business. The implementation process should be approached responsibly, and first prepare employees for it. To improve your efficiency and beat the competition, you should start by optimizing your business processes. Otherwise, no CRM will help.