When it comes to choosing health insurance, the options can feel overwhelming. That is why many people are looking for reliable broker to help them pick the best coverage option for them in Hong Kong. In this piece, I will be giving you my to tips to choosing a broker.
Let’s dive in.
What Does a Broker Do?
Informs you about your health care options and prices as well as looks for a plan that fits your exact needs.
Short-Term Health Insurance
if you are planning on studying in Hong Kong where public health care is heavily subsidized, you should still get short-term health insurance from a private insurance company. Since it may take several months for the paperwork to process to receive a Hong Kong ID card, having some sort of short-term insurance in the meantime would be beneficial. A health insurance broker in Hong Kong can help you get insurance. To benefit from this service:
- travelling overseas for prolonged business (for over 180 days)
- travelling overseas for pleasure for an extended stay (more than 3 months).
- travelling overseas as an exchange student
A few things included in short-term health insurance are:
- Inpatient coverage – coverage for medical treatment in hospitals
- Outpatient coverage – coverage for treatments that aren’t in a medical facility, like prescription drugs.
Some benefits of having this kind of insurance include coverage for:
- giving birth at a private hospital – some benefits include shorter waiting times, staff that can speak your mother-tongue, and having the same medical team for every appointment throughout your pregnancy.
- Pregnancy complications
- Pregnancy-related medical procedures such as caesarean sections
- Delivery costs
- Incubation, if a newborn baby should need it
Senior Health Insurance
Usually, health care providers won’t cover treatment for pre-existing conditions, something that can be very problematic for senior citizens. Insurance companies like Trusted Union offer health plans for seniors which cover treatment for pre-existing conditions which are common amongst seniors like:
- Type 2 diabetes
Senior Health care covers:
- Extra outpatient care
The older people get, the more medical help they tend to need since seniors are more likely to get sick. Therefore, if you only purchase health insurance at an older age, the premium will be higher since you are more likely to claim benefits from health insurance. Therefore, it’s especially important to get insurance through an insurance broker. A broker can help design a health plan catered to your health needs while still being within your financial means.
Group Health Insurance
Business owners can purchase this kind of insurance for their employees. A reliable broker can help a business create policy according to the needs of the specific business.
This insurance provides two types of care:
- hospital room
- Intensive care
- Medicines during hospitalization
- Medical testing
- Surgical appliances
- Medical transportation
- Doctor appointments
- Medications and vaccinations
- Medical tests
- Outpatient surgery
A health insurance broker in Hong Kong can be a great source of information to get you the best insurance for your needs. Check out Trusted Union for all your brokerage needs.