Relocatable buildings are mostly modular structures designed and fabricated in a factory and assembled on a site. However, there are equally as many custom temporary structures that are relocatable.
Since the idea is to transport them to different locations for use, they can be owned by a company that hires them out to clients or a big company that needs them regularly. If you are planning to try relocatable buildings, the first step is to assess your needs and then engage a professional in temporary building solutions for advice.
Table of Contents
How Relocatable Buildings Are Made
In addition to the ability to move these temporary structures, they are affordable and fast to dismantle and set up. During the fabrication process, the frames are designed to be screwed together to make the intended structures. Such structures go well with fabric covers or light PVC panels.
Other companies use other technologies such as engineered wood panels that are screwed together to make a structure. While they do this, they ensure the structures are environmentally sustainable and have features such as a solar power supply.
Relocatable buildings may also come in the form of shipping containers that are moved to different locations where they are needed. They come complete with amenities such as power supply, ventilation, shelves, windows, doors, and washrooms.
Industries That Use Relocatable Buildings
- Education sector – These institutions regularly hire relocatable classrooms, which could be portable shipping containers or panels that are screwed together to form classrooms, offices, and even sports halls. The good thing is that schools only hire them when there is a need such as increased enrollment or, currently, to curb the spread of COVID-19.
- Industries – Manufacturing and processing plants that are growing fast or that need seasonal structures may decide to hire relocatable buildings from a service provider. They are given structures that suit their needs from portable steel-framed structures to industrial tents and clear span structures. Whether you are looking forward to buying or renting these structures, consider using Smart-Space, which is one of the best temporary solutions providers in the UK.
- Health sector – Probably, you have seen the surge of COVID-19 patients in hospitals lately. What hospitals are doing is hiring clear span structures and tents or modular structures to accommodate more patients. All these are types of relocatable buildings that can easily be moved to other places when there is no longer a need.
- Agricultural sector – Large-scale farmers need temporary relocatable buildings to be used in the fields for machinery and produce storage, employee accommodation, and even food-processing plants. These structures range from small shades to large clear span structures that are moved from one part of the farm to another.
- Companies and retail outlets – The use of temporary structures is being adopted by different sectors today. Even small startups may decide to use relocatable buildings for their offices as well as retail outlets. This is especially useful when the business is growing fast or planning to move in the future.
Benefits of Relocatable Buildings
All businesses and organizations that use relocatable buildings enjoy a plethora of benefits. First, these structures are low cost and affordable, which makes them very effective for both startups and large organizations. The best part is that they can be hired for the time they are needed.
Since relocatable buildings are portable and easy to dismantle and assemble, they are ideal for responding to emergencies such as the growth of companies, increased student enrollment, additional patients, or the need to relocate to another location. They are the best solution and time saver for any business.
There are more benefits to the use of relocatable buildings. It is best to give them a try to experience the benefits. If this is your plan, be sure to use a service provider with everything that you need.