Relocation is a very complex and tiring process that includes many small tasks. Even if it is a local move and what so ever is the reason for the move, it has always been an overwhelming and stressful job. It needs a lot of planning and preparation so if you get a chance to plan your move quiet early then it can be a smoother move. Make a proper moving plan and a checklist to be sure of everything.
Consider how much time you need to have to plan and execute your move. Write down the checklist and plan each task in detail. If you too are planning a local move then the following are some tips to understand the significance of planning and timeline in a move. You can follow these tips to plan your next move and to make it a success. You can find here the list of top moving companies and also a few suggestions from the experts.
Table of Contents
Consider Important Factors Before Planning the Time of a Move
- Make sure you consider all the mandatory things in mind while planning a move. Before you decide your move, make sure that all the things are available as if you have school-going children then avoid moving in-between the session. You can plan your move in the summer vacation to avoid a disorganized school time.
- The next important thing that you need to keep in your mind while planning your moving time is the workload. If you have excess workload at your workplace then moving during weekdays is not at all advisable. As it is a local move, you can plan a move on the weekend especially if you are hiring a moving company.
- Moving during the right weather conditions is another important factor for a successful and smooth move. The best time for a local move can be winters and early spring. You can even save some money by choosing this time of the year. Winter is the cheapest time of the year so it gives you the opportunity of grabbing a good deal for a new home. Winter is the lean season for all. Even moving companies offer special discounts.
- Early April and late September are also good options for moving. If you do not have school-going children then you can plan a move any time of the year. Spring and summer are the most popular thus the most expensive time for moving. Movers with school-going children should not move during summer to avoid any school year disturbances.
- A mid-month move can be very pocket friendly as working professionals avoid moving during mid-month. A mid-month or a mid-week move can save a lot of money and hustle. Moving costs will be much lower during this time of the month and year.
- Weekends are the most popular time for moving especially if it is a local move. A local move takes a day to relocate so moving on a Friday can give you plenty of time to settle at your new place. Moving on a Sunday is even better as by taking one day off, you will be able to handle both preparing for the move on Saturday and unpacking on Monday. Whereas a weekend move can be costly but it gives you plenty of time to settle. So if you afford to pay a little extra then it is better to move on a weekend.
How Much in Advance Should You Plan Your Move?
Though it is wise to plan your move as early as possible, many other factors help in deciding how far in advance you should plan your move. As much time you will have in hand, as much you will be able to ease down the complex process of moving. Relocation being a complex and hectic process takes a month to a year of planning.
The Factors that Should be Considered the Planning Time are as follows:
Distance of Relocation
The distance of your move is one important factor to plan your move. If you are moving to a far off place or countryside then you might have enough time in hand to plan your move. Moving to a nearby place can save enough time when you consider tasks like paperwork and logistics. You may have to do the repair work at your new place before moving that may take time due to the long distance from your current location.
Size of Your Move
The more belongings and stuff you own the earlier you should plan your move. A large family might possess a lot of earthly things that will need plenty of time to sort and pack the stuff they own. On the other hand, a new couple may not possess a lot of stuff and may make a move in less time.