We all know that OneNote is dominating the digital notebook market with its OneNote app. It is free and included in the current MS-office. And, I agree that it’s one of the best digital notebook apps out here. However, some users are not satisfied with the OneNote app and are looking for OneNote alternatives. The key reasons why people are switching to other digital notebook apps are that it’s mainly for window users, it’s difficult for beginners, takes too much space of the device. You have to create a Microsoft account if you are willing to sync your notes across devices.
So these are the main reason why people are not pleased with the app and are looking for a OneNote alternative. So without further ado, let’s discuss the OneNote competitors available in 2020.
- This application is the open-source version of the well-known Evernote app.
- You may feel as if you are using Evernote because it follows the same organizational structure.
- You can use this app for free on Windows.
- You can create a stack of notebooks, can make individual notes, and save them inside notebooks.
- If you are the person who wants to get your notes on third-party services like Github, dropbox, and more. This app is for you.
- However, the only problem which you can face by using Elephant is that it doesn’t come with the mobile app that might be an issue for you.
- This note-taking app is a bit different if we compare it with the other note-taking apps.
- It’s mainly an iPad note-taking app that supports Apple Pencil input.
- The main feature of this app is PDF annotation. iCloud Sync, scanning templates, hand-writing recognition, and many more.
- As you know that our academic environment has changed, many students are using it as an alternative for hand-written notes. So, you can also use it as an alternative.
- If you want hand-written notes. Good notes are for you because it’s one of the top note-taking apps that support hand-written notes.
- Another notable feature of this app is that you can import OCR PDFs and documents. This feature is beneficial for students that deal with the presentation and lecture notes.
- All in all, it’s an excellent app if you want hand-written notes and is moving towards digital. So this might be the best OneNote alternative for you.
- This note-taking app is for iOS and macOS devices. You can say that this app is the apple equivalent to OneNote.
- Keep it, You can effortlessly create and organize your notes.
- Keep it is very light and doesn’t take a lot of space on your device.
- The notes which you can create on Keep include numbered lists, checklists, bulleted, links, images, and other attachments.
- Using iCloud, you can easily sync your notes across devices and can be shared using the same.
- One of the notable features of this digital notebook is its organizational structure. You can create lists, bundles, and levels. Each of which brings a different organizational scheme.
- The price of this app is $49.99, and you use it on Mac and iPhone.
- ClinataNotes is for those people who want to build a knowledgebase they can keep everything that they wish to and can easily search it.
- Just by highlighting the text, you need, and with the help of a simple keyword combo, you can also capture the notes from the ebooks, PDFs, web, and any place.
- One of the prominent features which you cannot find in OneNote is that you can link your notes with each other. By doing this, you can create your wiki of notes.
- You can easily search your notes with the help of the sophisticated search query syntax, which is very powerful and better than what OneNote offers.
- Things that separate Clintanotes from the other note-taking apps are dividing your notes into sections, allowing you to configure different hotkeys, auto-tagging rules, hierarchical tags, and many more.
- You can use it for free and you can buy it for $39 a year or $139 for a lifetime. You can use it on iOS, macOS, Windows, and Web.
So these are some of the best OneNote alternatives. We have tried to include the apps which suit the needs of most people. Try these apps and find out which works best for you according to your need and preference. Do let us know about your favorite note-taking app.