Markup languages are used to build the foundation of any site. The reason why most of the developers play with the markup languages is due to their ability to annotate the text of a site, dictating both the architecture of a site and the display of text. The future of website and development of a website is dependent on the markup languages. When you open a webpage, you see text, images and other data that attracts the user to learn more about the website. The way in which the textual or visual information is presented is the markup of a website.
What are HTML and HTML5?
Let’s first introduce ourselves to HTML-
Most of you would say that HTML is a programming language. Well, that’s not what it is. HyperText Markup Language (HTML) is the style to write directions for the web browser. These directions showcase what the frame of the website should be. If you are planning to make a career as a web designing, you must polish your learning and should know that HTML can’t handle logic. It cannot deal with a tremendously divergent environment In an easy-breezy language, HTML guides the browser about what should be there on the page and in what order. Moreover, you can’t ignore the fact that HTML can design but it cannot style the website. Let’s get more in detail. HTML is responsible to create smart web pages in the organized formats. The standards of HTML are monitored by the World Wide Web Consortium that has been producing work principles and guidelines since 1997.
Here is what HTML5 is-
Hope you all have by now understood what HTML is. The difference in HTML and HTML5 lies in how they handle the properties of the website. Today, a creative website cannot be made using HTML. Here comes the role of HTML5. You will have to make use of HTML5 to develop and design an awesome looking website. Moreover, HTML5 is not a fully systemized version as HTML being ten years old is standard and unalterable. It is used for structuring and exhibiting engaging content for WWW and is the most interesting markup language. It is packed with new features and is a smart integration of Java, HTML and CSS components.
HTML vs HTML5
What is the difference between HTML and HTML5? If you are confused about these languages, it’s the right time to delve straight into the world of HTML vs HTML5–
- Another difference between HTML and HTML 5 is that you cannot use audio-video tags in HTML. On the other hand, you can use these tags in HTML5. Also, HTML cannot draw several shapes whereas HTML5 holds the potentiality to draw shapes.
- HTML versions are not mobile-friendly. But, HTML5 definitely is. It is important to know that HTML supports vector graphics only with the help of programs like Flash, Silver-light, and VML. And, HTML 5 doesn’t make use of such programs to support virtual vector graphics.
- Developers may use HTML because of ease in coding. But, this is not the case. Encoding in HTML is long and complicated whereas, in HTML5, it’s super simple.
- HTML doesn’t hold the capability to track the user’s location whereas HTML5 can by using JS GeoLocation API.
- Parsing rules in HTML are inefficient whereas HTML5 possess better parsing rules and compatibility. Also, drag and drop effects are not supported by HTML. HTML5 does support it as it comes with a number of new elements and eliminates several others.
- HTML allows the communication between client and server through streaming and long pooling whereas HTML5 allows the communication with the support of web sockets.
Evolution of web development
After learning the difference between HTML and HTML5, you must be prepared for the changes. Train yourself in languages as they never remain the same. If you are using HTML5, you need to give your mind a dose of learning to get started. HTML 5 is getting quite popular as it offers advanced features to keep up with the modern pace of designing and developing websites.
Browsers will become fast and it will become a lot easier to code in a nice way and allow the browser to take on the heavy duty. The main advantages of HTML5 include Persistent error handling, Improved semantics for elements, Enhanced support for web application features, Mobile web made easier, The canvas element, The Menu element, Customizable Data Attribute.
Also, we cannot forget the power of HTML with the arrival of HTML5. HTML is important for web development and it still holds the power to create the websites. Technology is evolving at a fast pace and the people are embracing the new technology over old. The main aim of these languages is to better the web experience for the people. Advanced HTML5 is the need of the hour due to the features that it has to offer. Modern day users want the best and to meet their needs, web developers have to unveil new ways to use technology better. If you are willing to work as a web developer, waste no time to embrace the power of the latest version of HTML and stay ahead in the race of competition. In order to overcome the challenges of the modern world, you have to use the best and reap the best.
With the wave of change created by technology, HTML5 will get better every passing year. In the following years, people will definitely move to the adoption of HTML5 and hit the world of developers to maximize the potential of modern day browsers. It’s time to up your game in the field of web development and make a lucrative career in this field. The more you learn, the more you grow as everything revolves around technology today.