In our current culture of quickly advancing technologies, it’s quite astonishing that some people have never heard of online faxing, nor are they aware of how to fax on the go. The only memory they can conjure of faxing is the noisy whirring of the industrial fax machine, relegated to the corner of the office in a bid to reduce the unceasing noise.
This is despite more than 307 million Americans owning smartphones. To be fair, though, online faxing as a whole is a fairly new concept, let alone mobile faxing. If you’ve ever wondered how you can send faxes from your smartphone, your curiosity ends here.
How to Fax from a Smartphone
In an age where scanning, signing, and sending a PDF document via a smartphone is super easy and hassle-free, some organizations still prefer to receive confidential files via fax. They won’t accept your mail, and they certainly won’t give that text message a second look. Now the problem sets in when you’re far away from the office.
What if you don’t own a fax machine? Can you send and receive faxes while on the move? The answer to that question is a big yes! Faxing from a smartphone is doable, but it’s not as straightforward as using a fax machine. A phone doesn’t have a built-in faxing fixture, meaning it’ll need a few “add-ons” for it to serve as a reliable faxing device. Here’s what else you need to complete your on-the-go faxing set:
- Stable internet connection: This is pretty much a no-brainer.
- A fax app: Select a mobile fax app and install it on your mobile device.
- Online faxing service: The service you choose will likely have its own mobile app for Android and iOS. Typically, these services are subscription-based and they will provide you with a dedicated fax number for sending and receiving faxes.
Once you’re armed with all the necessary requirements, you can go ahead and have a taste of faxing nirvana. No more making endless, painstaking trips back to the office. When you need to fax on the go, simply follow these quick steps:
- Sign up for an online fax service.
- Next, install your service provider’s software. At this point, you’re ready to start faxing.
- On your screen, fill in the required faxing details such as the recipient’s fax number, subject, and comments (if applicable).
- Then, attach the document you want to fax. It’s a lot like sending an email.
- If you want to scan documents, tap the “Scan” button. The app will ask for permission to access your camera. Press OK. Proceed to take a photo and scan the documents. To ensure they’re readable and clear, use filters.
- Click send, and you’re done! Your document will be delivered as a fax.
In the same vein, when you receive a fax, the service will convert it into a PDF and send it to you via email. That way, even if you’re away from the office, you can store and view your faxes easily and confidently.
Benefits of Sending Fax from a Smartphone
At this point in the article, it’s undeniable that mobile fax affords on-the-move workers incredible convenience and flexibility. But in case you’re skeptical, here are more benefits:
- Ability to be anywhere: Why tie yourself down to the office when you can be out there closing deals and doing the things you love? Mobile fax guarantees just that.
- Cost reduction: Unlike an actual fax machine, faxing from a smartphone ensures you’ll never have to grapple with phone line expenses or pricey maintenance costs.
- Time savings: You’ll regain all those hours you spend going back to the office to send a fax. Every single minute.
- Enhances document security: You can rely on features like HIPPA-compliant faxing and audit logs to safeguard your most sensitive data.
Not all online fax service providers are the same, though. A provider like eFax has a proven track record and offers a bevy of high-end features, ensuring the question “How to fax from iPhone?” never goes unanswered.
Your Ideal Way to Fax is Only a Smartphone Away
That tiny, pocket-sized device in your hand is what’s standing between you and effective on-the-go faxing. Next time you need to send or receive faxes while out and about, relax and simply power on your smartphone. Feel confident knowing that you can send important documents in just a few swift clicks. Now that’s convenience at its very best!