Despite the fact that Kadokawa producer Sho Tanaka has openly stated that a Re:Zero Season 3 release date has yet to be determined, it has not been announced. In fact, he addressed the third season without being prompted in one 2020 interview!
The question on everybody’s mind is when will Re:Zero Starting Life In Another World Season 3 come out? The trouble is that Kadokawa and the other companies involved in its production have been completely tight-lipped about it.
Re:Zero Season 3 Release Date
There have yet to be any public declarations regarding the release date of Season 3. To be honest, with the second season having aired this year, it’s a bit soon to expect a sequel.
Given the success of the previous season, it’s not unusual for an anime series to take months or even years to talk about a sequel.
However, worry not, because there is some good news. Producer Sho Tanaka was interviewed by Crunchyroll. During the session, he made an intriguing remark. Tanaka said, “I’m confident that you’ll all be clamoring for a third season once you’ve finished watching this one (season 2).” The creator of the anime series has a positive attitude towards the show, and fans are ecstatic. So, there is a good chance that Re:Zero will come back with a season 3 sometime soon.
Despite the fact that it isn’t an official announcement, it is from a legitimate source. And with good reason. These guys aren’t playing around. The idea of making a sequel to an anime is interesting and unique in itself.
So, even though there are no official announcements or release dates, we do have an official statement from one of the people involved.
The story follows Natsuki Subaru, an unassuming young man living a normal life in present-day Japan. One day, he is inexplicably transported to another world. There, he quickly befriends a silver-haired half-elf girl named Emilia. Unfortunately, she becomes the target of an unknown assassin soon after his arrival.
The assassin succeeds in killing the two and it appears that everything is over. However, just a second later, Natsuki Subaru wakes up and discovers his new power “Return by Death.” By dying, he gains the ability to reverse time; however, only he remembers what happened in the previous timeline. Why was Natsuki Subaru transported into this unknown world, and given the power to turn back time?
Re:Zero Light Novel
Re:Zero is a Japanese light novel series by Tappei Nagatsuki and illustrated by Shin’ichirou Otsuka, known as Re: Life in a Different World from Zero.
On his way home from the convenience store, a hikikomori, Subaru Natsuki, finds himself transported to another world. Since 2012, Shōsetsuka ni Narō has published the manga. To date, thirty light novels as well as five side story volumes and seven short story collections have been published by Media Factory under their MF Bunko J imprint.
Re:Zero Season 3 Cast & Characters
Although there is no information regarding the cast of the series, we can assume that the voice actors who formerly played the characters are going to make a comeback. Let’s take a look at them, shall we?
- Subaru Natsuki (ナツキ スバル) played by Yūsuke Kobayashi (Japanese) & Sean Chiplock (English)
- Emilia (エミリア) played by Rie Takahashi (Japanese) & Kayli Mills (English)
- Puck (パック) played by Yumi Uchiyama (Japanese) & Erica Mendez (English)
- Roswaal L. Mathers (ロズワール・L・メイザース) played by Takehito Koyasu (Japanese) & Ray Chase (English)
- Rem (レム) played by Inori Minase (Japanese) & Brianna Knickerbocker (English)
- Ram (ラム) played by Rie Murakawa (Japanese) & Ryan Bartley (English)
- Beatrice (ベアトリス) played by Satomi Arai (Japanese) & Kira Buckland (English)
- Garfiel Tinsel (ガーフィール・ティンゼル) played by Nobuhiko Okamoto (Japanese) & Zeno Robinson (English)
- Frederica Baumann (フレデリカ・バウマン) played by Kaori Nazuka (Japanese) & Faye Mata、 Dawn M. Bennett (English)
- Patrasche (パトラッシュ) played by Kouichi Souma (Japanese) & Erik Scott Kiemer (English)
- Otto Suwen (オットー・スーウェン) played by Kōhei Amasaki (Japanese) & Zach Aguilar (English)
- Petra Leyte (ペトラ・レイテ) Played by Marika Kouno (Japanese) & Erica Mendez (English)
Re:Zero Season 3 Trailer and Update
Although there is no official news regarding the 3rd season of Re:Zero, there is no official trailer for the anime either. However, we can see Chibi Reviews, a YouTuber, post a video where he talks about the rumours regarding Re:Zero season 3. He says that the author of the original light novel, Tappei Nagatsuki, has made a discussion surrounding the Re:Zero Season 3 announcement.
1. When will Re:Zero Season 3 Come Out?
There is no official news of Re:Zero season 3’s coming out.
2. Where Can I Watch Re:Zero Season 3?
Re:Zero is available on Crunchyroll, HBO Max, and VRV.
3. How Many Episodes Do the 1st and 2nd Seasons of Re:Zero Have?
Both seasons 1 and 2 have 25 episodes each which makes a total of 50 episodes.
4. What Happens When Subaru Dies When He’s Old?
Subaru will be returned to the predetermined time with no loss of memory.
5. Is Re:Zero Finished?
No, Re:Zero is not finished.