Jeanie Buss is an American Sports Executive. She made headlines after she was announced as the controlling owner and president of the Los Angeles Lakers of the National Basketball Association (NBA). Additionally, she is the co-owner and promoter of the U.S. women’s professional wrestling promotion Women of Wrestling.
Jeanie Maries Buss was born on September 26, 1961 (age 62 years; as of 2023) in Santa Monica, California. Her zodiac sign is Libra. For her schooling, she attended Palisades High School, in Los Angeles. Soon after completing her high school, she pursued a Bachelor’s degree in Business at the University of Southern California.
Height (approx.): 5′ 7″
Hair Colour: Blonde
Eye Colour: Brown
Jeanie Buss belongs to a Christian family in Santa Monica, California.
Parents & Siblings
Born and brought up in an affluent family, his father, Jerry Buss, was an American businessman, chemist, and philanthropist. While her mother’s name was Joanne. A troubled childhood, Jeanie’s parents were divorced when she was 11; hence, leaving her emotionally abandoned. Meanwhile, Jeanie grew up with her older brothers, Johnny and Jim, and younger sister, Janie.
Husband & Children
In 1990, Jeanie Buss entered into a marriage with volleyball player Steve Timmons. However, the couple filed for divorce after three years into the marriage. In 2022, Jeanie Buss and Comedian Jay Mohr announced their engagement. Meanwhile, on September 3, 2023, the couple tied the knot in a private wedding ceremony in Malibu.
Following her divorce in 1990, Jeanie Buss announced her engagement with Lakers coach and former New York Knicks President Phil Jackson. Nevertheless, in December 2016, the Lakers Coach broke off the engagement.
Meanwhile, before announcing her engagement with Jay Mohr in 2022, the couple had been dating each other since 2017.
She follows Christianity.
Soon after pursuing her formal education, in 1993, she was appointed as the general manager of Los Angeles Blades, a roller Hockey team. Subsequently, in 1999, her father, Jerry Buss, appointed her executive vice president of business operations for the Lakers. Hence, this opportunity helped her in learning the basics of handling a professional basketball team. Meanwhile, in her leadership, the Lakers ranked among the best basketball teams and won numerous championships.
In 2013, owing to her father Jerry Buss’s death, she took over as the owner of the Lakers. Since then, Jeanie Buss has made several impactful decisions for the team’s benefit which led to several wins.
Groped by an NBA Owner
In a shocking statement by Jeanie Buss, she revealed that she was sexually assaulted by an NBA owner. Meanwhile, revealing the assault during an interview with Graham Bensinger, this incident occurred in 1995. Jeanie claimed, As we were waiting, taking a break from the meeting and everybody’s in line for the buffet for lunch during the lunch break, somebody grabbed my ass. I turned around and I was so shocked. But it was like, again, if I didn’t have the confidence that my dad put in me, that was a moment where I wanted to shrink and to be nothing, that I would have, you know, gotten sick and said, ‘I gotta go.”
Jeanie Buss’ WOW Seeking to Empower Women in Wrestling – Sports Illustrated Wrestling News, Analysis and More https://t.co/YOA66BJ5tx— Jeanie Buss (@JeanieBuss) September 12, 2023
- During her tenure, she had a total of six NBA championships in her array (2000-2002, 2009, 2010) and one as a controlling owner (2020).
- In 2023, she was awarded the Outstanding Documentary Series Award as executive producer of Legacy: The True Story of the LA Lakers at the Sports Emmy Awards.
As of 2023, her car collection includes Mercedes Benz, Bentley Continental, and Ford Taurus among others.
Jeanie Buss earns an annual salary of $50 million, according to several reputed media houses.
Jeanie Buss Net Worth
As of 2023, Jeanie Buss has an estimated net worth of $550 million. Besides her sporting business in America, several factors contribute to the towering net worth of Jeanie Buss.
|Name||Jeanie Marie Buss|
|Net Worth (2023)||$550 Million|
|Monthly Income And Salary||$5 Million +|
|Yearly Income And Salary||$50 Million +|
- Owing to Jeanie’s parents’ divorce when she was only 11, she had a troubled childhood. In a media interaction, Jeanie recalled her traumatic experience and said she was emotionally abandoned in her childhood.
- With a dominating sports career, Jeanie is counted among the powerful American women. In addition to it, in 2019, she ranked eighth in Forbes’ Most Powerful Women in Sports list.
- Along with co-owning the NBA team, she serves as the Chief Executive Officer at the Los Angeles Lakers Organisation.
- Among her many ventures, Jeanies is an actress. Meanwhile, her acting projects include “In Search of Puppy Love,” “Beyond the Glory,” “Barfly,” and more recently Celebrity Big Brother,” and “The Vent.
- She shares the team ownership with her five siblings.
- A versatile Jeanie has also tried her hands in film directing.