Paul Wahlberg is an American chef and television personality. He came into prominence after his appearance in the reality television series, Wahlburgers.
Paul Wahlberg was born on March 20, 1964 (age 59 years; as of 2023). Fascinated with cooking, he was drawn to the profession after his first catering job in high school. Meanwhile, he discovered his love for food over a simple Eggplant Parmesan sandwich at a friend’s house. Soon after completing high school, he joined the culinary school at Newbury College, however left after facing a shortage of money.
Height (approx.): 5′ 2″
Hair Colour: Brown
Eye Colour: Hazel Green
Paul Wahlberg belongs to a Catholic family in Boston, Massachusetts.
Parents & Siblings
Paul Wahlberg’s father, Donald Wahlberg, served in the army during the Korean War and was a longtime member of Teamsters Local 25. Meanwhile, his mother, Alma Wahlberg, initially worked as a bank clerk and a nurse’s aide. In addition, he is the fourth of nine siblings named Donnie, Robert, Jim, Arthur, Tracey, Michelle, Debbie and Mark.
Wife & Children
Paul Wahlberg is married; nevertheless, he refrained from sharing his wife’s name in the media. Meanwhile, the couple has two children, Madison and Ethan.
He follows Roman Catholicism.
As a Chef
Soon after graduating from high school, Paul was admitted to a culinary school; however, ended up dropping out owing to financial constraints. Soon after, he started working for hotels, The Sheraton Commander, the Charles Hotel, and the Four Seasons. In 2010, Paul ventured into the restaurant business and started his first restaurant, Alma Nove. Meanwhile, the name “Alma Nove” derived from his mother’s name and nova means nine, symbolising her nine children.
The restaurant, Alma Nove, had a fancy sitting and focused on Italian/Mediterranean cuisine. Besides, the restaurant’s signature dishes are Braised Pork Meatballs with polenta, Sauteed Prince Edward Island Mussels, Baked Strozzapreti, as well as Pan-Seared Halibut and Wood-Grilled Sirloin steak.
Following his success in the culinary business, he, along with his brothers, Mark and Donnie Wahlberg opened a bar and restaurant, Wahlburgers. It is a casual dining restaurant and has swiftly expanded itself across different countries. Now Wahlburgers serves in 90+ locations across the US, Canada, and Germany.
As a Television personality
Soon after Wahlburgers became a prominent restaurant chain across the United States, A&E began airing a reality series, Wahlburgers. Meanwhile, the Wahlburger features behind-the-curtain scenes of what happens with Mark and Donnie as owners and Paul as the head chef. The American reality series, Wahlburgers, debuted in 2014 and ran for 10 seasons.
Morning all. Have a good day. Twugs to everyone who may need them. pic.twitter.com/CJ48Laf0zD— Paul Wahlberg (@Team_PaulW) April 29, 2014
- Food: Burgers, Frog Legs
- Chef(s): Julia Child, Jacques Pepin
As of 2023, he has an estimated net worth of $10 million, according to several media houses.
Do You Know These Lesser Known Facts About Paul Wahlberg?
- Had he not been a chef, he would be a professional hockey player.
- Besides being a culinary chef, he is prominent for getting featured in the series, Wahlburgers.
- In addition to being a chef and television personality, he is an author. Meanwhile, he penned Wahlburgers: Recipes and Stories from the Brothers’ Own American Cookout.
- He is a philanthropist and significantly contributes to charitable organisations and underprivileged communities.
- Despite his busy schedule, Paul Wahlberg always managed to spend quality time with his family.
- Fond of cooking since childhood, Paul often helped her mother in cooking when he was still in school. Meanwhile, owing to his passion for cooking, he started his voyage as a chef when he was only seventeen.
- He follows a non-vegetarian diet.