Louisa Jacobson Gummer, is a model and actress from the USA. Born on the 12th of June in 1991, she is the fourth and youngest child of legendary actress Meryl Streep and sculptor Don Gummer. Louisa is best known for her portrayal of the character of Marian Brook in The Gilded Age, a superhit HBO series.
Who is Louisa Jacobson?
On June 12, 1991, Jacobson was born in Los Angeles, California to actress and philanthropist Meryl Streep and sculptor Don Gummer. She has an older sister (musician Henry Gummer) and two younger sisters (actresses Grace and Mamie). Jacobson received her primary education at Poly Prep Country Day School followed by Vassar College, where she majored in Psychology. Later on, she completed her master’s degree from Yale School of Drama with a degree in Acting along with attending the British American Drama Academy located in Oxford.
Louisa is a theatre actress and is famous for her performances, such as, Member of the Wedding, Romeo and Juliet, and Native Son, among others. She began her acting career with Julian Fellowes’ The Gilded Age where she acted alongside actors such as Amanda Peet, Cynthia Nixon, Christine Baranski, and Morgan Spector.
Louisa Jacobson Net Worth in 2022
Louisa, following in the footsteps of her parents Gummer and Meryl, has had a prosperous career as both an actress and model. This work has allowed her to accrue wealth and is currently estimated to be worth $1.5 million USD.
Louisa Jacobson Wiki
|Real Name||Louisa Jacobson Gummer|
|Net Worth||$1.5 Million USD|
|Age||31 Years (as of 2022)|
|D.O.B.||12 June 1991|
|Birthplace||Los Angeles, California, USA|
|Ethnicity||Norwegian, German, English, Irish, Scottish, Remote Swedish, French|
|Family||Meryl Streep (mother)|
Don G Gummer (father)
Henry Gummer (sister)
Grace Gummer (sister)
|Education||Vassar College |
Poly Prep Country Day School
David Geffen School of Drama at
British American Drama Academy
|Social Media||Instagram, Twitter|
Louisa Jacobson Modelling Career
It appears that Meryl Streep’s youngest daughter is extremely passionate about modeling. Louisa, after completing her studies, stepped into modeling right away. She has worked with multiple brands on numerous projects. Some of her modeling works are listed below.
- H&M: Louisa is an endorsee of this Swedish fashion chain
- IMG Models: Louisa has worked with this global firm that manages models from around the world. IMG Models is an agency based in multiple major fashion cities such as London, Los Angeles, New York, Milan, and Paris.
- Dior, Vanity Fair, and Glamour are such magazines that Louisa has worked with.
Louisa Jacobson Acting Career
Lousia was born into a family of artists, so it is quite natural that art runs in her blood. Her mother, Meryl Streep, needs no introduction, and her father, Don G Gummer, is a sculptor. Louisa was unaware of when her interest in acting actually manifested. Since she was a little girl, she did several performances at her home along with her siblings, cousins, and friends at family gatherings. Louisa also received piano lessons as a child and did many dance recitals.
When Louisa Jacobson was eight years old, she went to a theatre camp where they did a mixture of several different musicals, and she was a proud part of it. During her middle school years, Louisa took part in her school’s production of The Wizard of Oz. There, she played the character of Dorothy. However, the school play had three different girls who played Dorothy in the course of the play.
Louisa is passionate about acting, and her acting career started as a stage actress. One of her very first roles was of Mary Dalton who played in the drama Native Son. This play was created by Nambi E. Kelly, directed by Seret Scott, and produced by Yale Repertory Theatre.
Lesser-Known Facts About Louisa Jacobson
- Louisa has a varied ancestry. She is of German, Norwegian, Irish, English, Scott, and French descent
- Lousia is someone who loves having a private life and does not spend a lot of time on social media
- At the Vassar College graduation, Louisa was handed the diploma award by her own mother, Meryl Streep
- Louisa can often be seen at Film award events alongside her mother and other siblings
- Louisa has kept Jacobson as her surname to avoid confusion as there is an award-winning voice-over artist from Britain who shares the same name as her
- Louisa is a huge fan of Downton Abbey
- Meryl Streep calls her by the name Pickles
- Louisa is also a great painter. She did some painting in college but did not choose it as a career
Where did Louisa Jacobson grow up?
Louisa Jacobson grew up in New York City.
What shows has Louisa Jacobson been in?
Louisa Jacobson has been in the following shows:
- Gone Hollywood Trish Sparks (2019)
- Today Self–Guest (2022)
- Jimmy Kimmel Live! Self–Guest (2022)
Who is Louisa Jacobson’s father?
Louisa Jacobson’s father is Don Gummer.